The Londino Group is the place where highly trained, accomplished consultants come together to meet client needs. Our network of consultants bring diverse and complementary strengths and a commitment to client satisfaction and service.
Maureen Londino is Founder and Principal of the Londino Group, established in 2004. She was previously a Partner with Ernst & Young LLP, leading the Human Capital practice in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, New York and West Virginia; and earlier was a Principal at Buck Consultants and Mercer HR Consulting.
With over 25 years of consulting experience, Maureen is known for successful engagements and long-term, collaborative client relationships. She works closely and carefully with the client to develop objectives, guiding principles and a work plan that is detailed, yet flexible. This planning is designed to keep the project on-time and on-track, providing the basis for ongoing communications with all project stakeholders and project success.
Her areas of expertise are: benefit planning, employee/benefit cost optimization, merger due diligence and post-merger integration, paid time off conversions and employee communications. Her approach focuses on achieving the employer’s human resource and cost objectives, while delivering maximum value to employees.
Representative engagements include:
- Assuring day-one readiness for clients that are acquiring companies with limited human resources staffing and experience.
- Designing medical plans to manage health care costs and encourage employees to make cost-conscious care decisions.
- Planning and implementing new employee benefit programs for merged organizations.
- Implementing wellness and disease management strategies.
- Designing integrated disability and absence management programs, including paid time off conversions.
- Serving as interim Vice President of Human Resources for a foreign-based client making significant US acquisitions and overseeing the human resources activities during the transition period and managing the transition into a larger US corporation.
She has served clients in technology, manufacturing, health care, higher education and non-profit organizations, including:
- Allegheny Health Network
- Diakon Lutheran Social Ministries
- Emerson Process Management
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Genesis HealthCare System
- Heritage Valley Health System
- Jefferson Regional Medical Center
- Robert Morris University
- HCA Manorcare
- Matthews International
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC)
- Western PA United Methodist Church
Maureen earned her Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from Duquesne University, completed the Harvard Executive Program and is a Pennsylvania-licensed insurance broker.
With more than 20 years of experience as a health care and benefit consultant to large employers and trusts for their active and retiree populations, Jim has worked for two leading benefit consulting firms and began an independent consulting practice after identifying a need in the market place for cost effective and high quality services.
He specializes in helping large employers design, implement, and control the cost of their health care and benefit programs. He has an in-depth knowledge of health care market variables, vendor processes and systems and customer demands. Jim assembled and created the Ernst & Young Rx Value Approach (RVA) and has worked on other Rx coalitions while at William M. Mercer, Incorporated.
Jim is considered a thought leader in the area of prescription drug management, health promotion and wellness and has considerable experience in the area of Rx process analysis and improvement. He has assisted employers with documentation and procedural improvement suggestions on many areas of their Human Resource financial controls.
- Process mapping and designing, developing, and implementing best solutions, in terms of cost and quality for both active and retiree benefits
- Created purchasing groups for medical, Rx and worksite wellness programs
- Advanced knowledge of Pharmacy Benefit Manager (PBM) marketplace and contract intricacies
- Management, supervision, and participation in project teams and communication of analytic results to client’s management in both oral and written forms
- Pricing and employee contribution methodologies
- Manual and experience rating renewals and prospects for medical, dental, life, AD&D, and disability coverages
- Extensive knowledge of health care cost drivers and disease management/predictive modeling opportunities
Education and Certifications
- M.B.A., Villanova University
- M.A., Mathematics, Villanova University
- B.S., Aerospace Engineering, Pennsylvania State University
- Six-sigma Green Belt Course, Drexel University
- Actuarial Exam Credits
With more than 20 years of experience in health care and benefits underwriting, sales and account management, Mike worked for two nationally recognized insurance carriers.
As an underwriter, he was responsible for underwriting and pricing in the large employer market.
- Financial underwriting and predictive modeling
- Design, development, and implementation of benefit strategies
- Benchmarking design and cost to peer groups
- Review and analysis of carrier rate calculations to determine rate adequacy and competitiveness
- Life, dental, long term care, and disability underwriting experience
- Extensive knowledge of ancillary benefit cost drivers, contracts and plan design
- Creation of customized employee benefit websites
Education and Certifications
- B.S., Finance, Boston College
- Pennsylvania license for life, accident and health
With more than 30 years of professional experience, Rosanne was most recently Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer at Jefferson Regional Medical Center before it was acquired by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield in March 2013. At Jefferson Regional, she had administrative responsibility for human resources, marketing/communications and community outreach. She is a skilled writer, group facilitator and educator.
She has substantial labor relations and preventive employee relations expertise; and teaching/training experience at the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Executive and Management Communications
- Employee Focus Groups, Newsletters, Handbooks and Presentations
- HR Policy and Procedure Development
- HR Audits and Strategy, including labor contract negotiations preparation
Education and Certifications
- J.D., Duquesne University School of Law
- B.A., Journalism and Communications, Point Park University
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Admitted to Bar, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Kip Soteres is a change communications expert with more than 15 years of experience in high-tech, banking, manufacturing, insurance, and health care industries. In that time, he has won Gold Quill and Silver Anvil awards from the International Association of Business Communicators and the Public Relations Society of America for change communications targeting large employee populations.
Kip has worked for organizations including Cadence Design Systems, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, PNC Bank, Highmark Health and the associated Allegheny Health Network hospitals. He is published and recognized as an expert in internal communications, specializing in change communications and tiered communication planning that positions leaders, managers and front-line employees for success.
- Large-scale strategic communication planning for holistic impact
- Complex communication project oversight with multiple contributing communicators and stake-holders
- Best-in-class communication tactics that exceed program metrics and leadership expectations
- Mergers & acquisitions, reorganizations and workforce actions
- Open enrollment and wellness rollouts
- Changes to employment status, levels and titles related to part-time, contingent, and hourly workers across union and non-union populations
- Quality health initiatives and patient satisfaction efforts in hospital environments
- Large-scale IT implementations
Kip earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in English from Dartmouth College and a Master of Fine Arts from Washington University at St. Louis.